What is BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud is free software that reads web pages out loud. It can help anyone who has difficulty reading on-line, including people with mild visual impairments, low literacy, English as a second language, or learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
What does BrowseAloud do?
- Reads web pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice.
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format.
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page.
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style.
- Converts text to MP3.
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area.
- You have control over the voice, word pronunciations and speech highlighting.